Thursday 6 June 2013

Stashbuster: The Last Minute Slouch

I love hats! I always end up spending $30 on a cute hat at the local sports store but not this winter! I plan on knitting myself a whole bunch so I have NO excuse to buy them and look amazingly cool this year! :D Ok so I hope I will look amazingly cool.

What better way to start of my stashbuster journey by starting my new hat collection!

This hat pattern was super easy to do. Took me a total of 2 days to knit it and no blocking involved! I think this might be on the holiday knitting list of this year's Christmas gifts.

I have never really experimented with colour changing before. I had 2 partial skeins of Cascade 220 kicking around left over from other presents I knitted for Christmas. I decided to combine the two and see what they would look like together. The first skein is a gorgeous deep turquoise colour. It is so rich and nice all on it's own. I had gone to the lys in Guelph one day in search of something to knit a scarf with. Being completely unsuspecting, the ladies there convince me to buy 2 skeins of yarn insisting that it would require both to make a scarf. Yup, wrong! I only needed one so I decided to make a cute beret with it which only required a bit more than half a skein since Cascade 220 is so much yardage. Great bang for the buck. The next one was a black that I used to do the black borders for 2 scarves I made which resulted in some leftovers still. Black is awesome because it can go with pretty much anything.

The result? You let me know what you thinks! :D Second hat ever is not too shabby!





Yup, winter is coming.... in like 5 months but still winter is coming and dammit I will be ready for you! :D

For the link to the actual pattern, check this out: http://madelinetosh.com/last-minute-slouch/

Onto the next project! :D


1 comment:

  1. I would love a copy of this pattern but I see it has now been removed from Ravelry & the Madeline Tosh website :(. Do you still have copy of this? If so would you be willing to share it? :)

    ReplyDelete