Tuesday 4 June 2013

Stashbuster Intro



I know I haven't written on here in a while. I apologize for it. It has been beyond hectic lately for me. Work has been insane with staff leaving, coming, blah! Working tons of hours and coming home exhausted. The up side to being that busy? The big paychecks! :D I have had the chance to go out and get myself some neat things and lately those "things" have been yarn! I love the lusciousness of yarn. I love how comforting it is and how soft and smooth and fluffy it is. I love the colours and how they brighten up my mood. I love walking into a lys and just being in awe of the walls and rows of gorgeous yarns and tools for me to drool over.

I have had the pleasure of going to Portland two months ago and the amount of lys in just a 1 block radius is unreal! I got to check out so many different types of shops and lay outs. There were so many different companies I never even got a chance to consider because I have never seen any of their products up close and personal.

I also found 2 amazing LYS here in the Lower Mainland. About a 5 minute drive from my house is the always lovely Black Sheep Yarns here in Port Moody. What a great little spot! If you didn't know it was there it would've just been another hidden gem tucked away from the main road. Then there's the gorgeous little fishing village of Steveston out in Richmond. I love it there because of the sweet village feel and the amazing fish and chips but now I have a great little yarn shop to browse through when I'm there by the name of Wool and Wicker. The ladies at this shop was super helpful and there were just so many brands I never considered sitting on their shelves that I just had to snap up some!

Now with the discovery of these little gems and more to come it's hard to not buy yarn. Except now that we are on the verge of moving to a more permanent area for us here in the Lower Mainland my boyfriend is not happy with having to move it all. Now I can't exactly blame him, I should be more controlled and knit what I have before getting more but darn it, they are so pretty and soft and I just wanted to HAVE them. So now he puts his foot down for me (Thank God!) and says I am not allowed to purchase any more yarn until I knit up at least half of what I already have or at least what I have wound up.

Good thing my needle set came last week! I got a set of Addiclicks. These needles are a dream! I will go more into detail in another post. But since I have have been dying to knit with them, this gives me a chance to play with them!



So please join me in my stash buster journey. I will post each item as I finish with how I felt about it and a link to the pattern I used! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment